I tried really hard to get the end of his cigar to glow, but I'm pretty sure the camera hasn't picked it up! A simple head swap, and a little coil of green stuff for the neck scarf.
Here are the others- I think the painting is a bit tidier than the last batch I posted. I was a little impatient to finish them and make a new post, which doesn't make for a good job usually.
I'm afraid I couldn't come up with anything too inspiring for the Mule colour scheme, so just did a basic green, and then used some of the fantastic product from Modelmates that I saw on a couple of blogs called, not surprisingly, Rust Effect. I haven't really used it properly, but it really is a top effect. There are a couple of good videos on the Modelmates website to show this stuff to its real potential. Well worth a look if you haven't done so already.
This guy is from CP Models. Because of scale creep, he is a fair bit bigger than 15mm, but as he is now the top man in my Rebel force, I can tolerate the size- a big man for a big job!
When I saw this walker on The Scene's website, I thought it would fit well with my lo-tech rebel force, so I distressed it a bit with the Rust Effect, and then added some dried mud from MIG Pigments. Not particularly well executed, but I'm still finding my way with both these effects. Also, this is the first time I used my airbrush. I didn't get too ambitious, and just went for a two-tone camo, but there isn't sufficient contrast to show on the pictures. However, I was pleased with my first experiments, and it has given me some confidence to try for a better effect next time round.
Just the other side, featuring a nice rusty oil drum, again from The Scene. Incidentally, when I got the walker, amongst the order I bought some of the 15mm skips for scatter terrain- they are fantastic!
Some time ago, I painted these two APCs from Peter Pig in an awful desert colour scheme, having first undercoated them black! I don't know what possessed me, because they looked awful and went in a drawer to be forgotten about. However, since I set up my airbrush and spray booth, I stripped the paint off and started again. They have the same two-tone camo scheme as the walker, again not too easy to see here, but as part of the Rebel force they needed to be made a lot tattier and 'reclaimed', so I went with the rust and mud as mentioned above. I'm starting to get the hang of it, although still plenty of room for improvement!
Here's the other one, similarly treated. I rather like these APCs and have a hankering to order a couple of Vulcans from the AK47 Range from PP.
I've just realised that I have more figures painted that have yet to be photographed- Khurasan's Seal/ DEVGRU team, and their Exterminator squad in extreme environment suits, the latter with a stolen colour scheme- yep, I'm up to my old tricks again.
Yesterday I took delivery of Armies Army's Militia and Spetsnaz minis, and based them last night, so I'm off to prime them now, with a view to painting some up as soon as possible. A slightly different colour scheme for both, I think, but with something in common to tie the whole force together.
That's it then, thanks for taking the time to look in. Any hints/tips/advice always gratefully received!